The Residence of the U.S. Ambassador in Prague, Czech Republic (Restoration of Exterior)

GEMA ART GROUP a.s. provided complete restoration work: restoration of cast stone statuaries, restoration of Zinc-Al statuaries, restoration of decorative metal railings, restoration and replicas of historical lamps, restoration of decorative glass components, restoration of art handicraft stone elements from natural and cast stone, decorative coppertinsmith elements, development and application of grinded stucco plaster, rehabilitation and insultation of base and retaining walls, complete reconstruction and insulation of external terrace.

Read more...

IRAQ - General Assessment of Minaret Choli, Erbil

Erbil, originally Sumerian and Assyrian city is located in the foothills of the eastern Iraqi mountains is believed to be the oldest permanently inhabited city in the world. Choli minaret is dated to the Atabag period and was built by ruler of Erbil Muzaffar al-Din Kukburi (1168-1233) brother in law of well known Salahaddin. The structure was built from low burnt bricks using gypsum based renders and mortars. Due to the long term effect of deterioration, the essential part of the architecture has disappeared and thus the leaning minaret is the last survival of the past mosque.

Read more...

USA - General Assessment and Database of the St. Louis Cemetery No. 2, New Orleans

One of the largest and most spectacular of New Orleans' early Creole cemeteries. Cemetery was opened in 1823 since 2001 has been listed in Save America's Treasures list of endangered sites.

Read more...

FRANCE - The Ceremonial Multipurpose Hall of the Covered Market, Avallon

The reconstruction of the ceremonial multipurpose hall of the covered marked in Avallon, France was undertaken in two stages.

Read more...

FRANCE - Czech Embassy, Paris

The reconstruction of the Czech embassy in Paris was done by a company called ‚Paris', which was a co-operative effort between METROSTAV a.s. and SKANSKA a.s. GEMA ART GROUP a.s., as a sub-contractor for the project, was responsible for all of the restoration and artisan work, including constructing some newly-designed sections of the building.

Read more...

AUSTRIA - Imperial furniture, Wien

 This collection of seating furniture, formerly the property of the Austrian Emperor, was towards the end of World War II deposited by the ruling Nazi government at the Castle Uherčice, where it was kept under entirely unsuitable conditions for the next 60 years. Most of the items come from the castles Schönbrunn and Hofburg in Vienna and the collection includes seating furniture from the 18th and 19th century. In 2005 the government of the Czech Republic decided to return the furniture, in good condition, to Austria.
Before the restoration work could commence, a comprehensive cataloguing and evaluation of the items had to be undertaken. The evaluation of the furniture was carried out by the staff of the National Heritage Institute in Brno prior to a tendering process for the project. The restoration tasks involved specialist carpentry, upholstery and conservation work, using in the main part the original methods.
Detailed information about the history and the restoration of the Imperial furniture set can be found in the monograph "Imperial Furniture and its restoration" published by Gema Art in 2006.
The publication can be ordered by sending an e-mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or purchased from the website of Galerie Gema (price 470 CZK).

Read more...

IRELAND - Residence Lyons Demesne, Kildare County

The history of Lyons House takes us back to cca. 1785 when Lord and Lady Nicholas Cloncurry commissioned the Dublin architect Oliver Grace to design a mansion chosing a site of the 17th cent.The quadrangular mansion was built of grey Irish granite.

Read more...

IRAQ - Documentation and Restoration Investigation of Al - Hadba Minaret, Mosul

The project for the provision of documentation and restoration investigation for restoration of the Al-Hadba minaret – aid for the preservation of the architectonic cultural heritage of Iraq The Al-Hadba minaret is the last existing part of the first mosque in Mosul constructed by Utba bin Farqad Al-Salamim in 640 AD. It is has a slanting brick construction and a height of 52m.

Read more...

IRAQ - Course of Restoration and Preservation & Supply of Restoration Laboratory, Sulaymaniyah

Gema Art Group a. s. realized this project for the Province of Sulaymaniyah. Based on the request of the "Zhein Establishment" of the Province of Sulaymaniyah GEMA prepared training Course of Restoration and Preservation of Paper for team of specialist from this establishment which is responsible for the preservation of the Kurdistan literary heritage. The part of the contract was delivery of the equipment for the restoration and conservation laboratory constituted in the Zhein Establishment.

Read more...

IRAQ - Iraqi National Library and Archive, Baghdad

The INLA – Iraqi National Library and Archives – was in the days following fall of the Saddam regime burnt twice. It is highly probable that it was an organised act of the security forces of the former regime with the objective to destroy mainly the modern archive funds that contained possibly incriminating materials.
Immediately afterwards, the shelter that contained the extraordinarily precious historical funds of the, so-called Ottoman Archive was flooded. Late intervention saved only part of the archive, which was packed in 156 metallic packing cases and placed in a freezer, where it should have waited for security of professional restoration intervention.

Read more...