Rudolfinum – the Open Rudolfinum project – stage 1

One of the projects in the second half of 2014 is a less extensive contract progressing in the interior of the Prague Rudolfinum. The work performed by GEMA ART GROUP a.s. was a part of the first stage in the two-year "Open Rudolfinum" project taking place under the auspices of the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra.

Read more...

Schönborn Palace in Prague, Czech Republic

Preliminary restoration assessment of mural paintings and paint layers applied on plasters, stucco and stone elements of selected rooms at Schönborn Palace. 

Read more...

The castle and manor house Bečov nad Teplou, Czech Republic

The castle and manor house Bečov nad Teplou, one of the largest architectural complexes of this kind in the Czech Republic territory, is located in north-western Bohemia near the spa town of Karlovy Vary. The origins of the castle go back to the middle of the 14th century, when it was founded by the noblemen family of Osek (also known as Hrabišic and later renamed Lords of Rýzmburk).

Read more...

Flower Garden in Kroměříž, Czech Republic

The unique complex of the Archbishop's Château and the Château and Floral Gardens was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List already in 1998. The Baroque Floral Garden was built between 1665 and 1675 by Karel II of Lichtejnštejn-Kastelkorn, the then bishop of Olomouc.
The garden's dominant features are the rotund decorated with rich interior stuccos and the 244-metre long colonnade with numerous alcoves.

Read more...

Jewish Synagogue, Nová Cerekev near Pelhřimov, Czech Republic

The Jewish synagogue in the small town of Nová Cerekev in the Moravian Pelhřimov District in was included in the "Revitalization of Jewish Monuments" project in 2010. There was already a Jewish settlement in the town in the first half of the 16th century and the community continued to grow, so that in 1880 Jews accounted for 12% of Nová Cerekev inhabitants. To serve the Jewish population a synagogue in Moorish and Neo-Romanesque style was built in 1855.

Read more...

Synagogue and house of the rabbi in Brandýs upon Elbe, Czech Republic

The synagogue, which is interconnected with the house of the rabbi, is located in the street "Na Potoce" near the town centre. It was built during the years 1828 and 1829. A Jewish congregation had already been established in the town of Brandýs nad Labem in the early 16th century and the original synagogue, entirely destroyed by an extensive fire, was founded in 1515. It was replaced by a new synagogue in 1657 but the building met the same fate as its predecessor 130 years later.

Read more...

Jewish Synagogue, Krnov near Bruntál, Czech Republic

The synagogue in the town of Krnov in Bruntál District is the only such building retaining its original appearance in the whole of the Moravian-Silesian Region. It was built in 1871 according to plans by the architect Ernst Latzel. Its architectonic style is unique as its exterior was built in Neo-Romanesque style, while the interior was inspired by Moorish architecture.

Read more...

Former Municipal house, school and the Great Synagogue in the Town of Boskovice, Czech Republic

The renovation of the former Municipal house and school in Bílkova Street and the reconstruction of the Great Synagogue in Traplova Street were both part of the project "Revitalization of Jewish Monuments in the Czech Republic", which is taking place between the years 2011 and 2014 in ten different areas of Bohemia, Moravia and Silesia. In all 15 monuments were restored and rebuilt. The aim of the project was to create a network of cultural and educational centres dedicated to Jewish heritage. The company GEMA ART GROUP a.s. has been chosen as the sole supplier of restoration and building work for the project.

Read more...

Jewish Synagogue, Březnice near Příbram, Czech Republic

One of the properties included in the project "Revitalization of Jewish Monuments", which at present runs in 10 different locations all over the Czech Republic, is the synagogue in the town of Březnice in Central Bohemian Příbram District. The synagogue is located in the town square, which used to be the centre of a Jewish ghetto called Lokšany, founded in the 16th century. 

Read more...

House of the rabbi and synagogue, Polná near Jihlava, Czech Republic

The Jewish settlement in Polná in the district of Jihlava was the home of one of the most important Jewish communities in the territory of the Czech Republic. The local Jewish Ghetto had its origins in the 16th century and remains one of the best preserved in the whole of the Moravian Uplands. The ghetto had its own synagogue and a nearby house of the rabbi and both of these buildings were included in "The Revitalization of Jewish Monuments" project. 

Read more...