Kristiánov Glass-Making Museum

The subject of renovation and restoration works is the last standing building (a timber cottage) of the old glass-making settlement of Kristiánov, which now forms part of the collections of Museum of Glass and Jewellery in Jablonec nad Nisou.

Read more...

Restoration of the exhibition area located on the premises of the Botanical Garden of the Capital City of Prague

Aside from work on buildings subject to heritage protection, GEMA ART GROUP also specialises in construction and restoration works. The project at the Botanical Garden of the Capital City of Prague is but one example of this.

Read more...

St. Wenceslas Rotunda preservation project – construction and restoration works

The St. Wenceslas Rotunda, first mentioned in the St. Wenceslas legend originating in the 13th century, was searched for by historians and archaeologists for centuries. It was located thanks to a comprehensive reconstruction of the building of Charles University's Faculty of Mathematics and Physics situated at Malostranské náměstí (the Lesser Town Square). The remnants of the rotunda were discovered on 3 February 2004 during the reconstruction works, by accident.

Read more...

Church of Saint Nicholas, Prague

Its state of disrepair made St. Nicholas Church in the Old Town Square a pressing issue for conservationists and the city. Chunks of plaster were falling off the building and the historical statues on the exterior were also damaged. The poor condition of the roofing let rain into the building, further exacerbating the poor condition of the church. Thus, reconstruction, which had been discussed for many years, became absolutely essential.

Read more...

The National Theatre – Roof reconstruction and insulation on the historical building of the Estates Theatre – reconstruction of the balconies

The current name Stavovské divadlo (the Estates Theatre) is only the last in a series of historical names. The originally used name was Hraběcí Nosticovo divadlo (Count Nostitz Theatre) or just Nosticovo divadlo after the founder. In the Communist era, the theatre went by the name Tylovo divadlo (Tyl Theatre).

Read more...

State Castle Žebrák – maintenance works based on project design documents

This operation aimed to perform emergency maintenance of the curtain walls masonry at the State Castle Žebrák. The castle was founded in the latter half of the 13th century by Oldřich Zajíc of Valdek near an important trade route leading from Prague to Bavaria.

Read more...

Karlštejn Castle – Emergency securing of supporting pillars and curtain walls adjacent to the Burgrave’s palace

The National Heritage Institute carries out regular conservation and preservation works at the State castle Karlštejn. This national monument has a special position among Czech castles. Karlštejn was founded in 1348 as Gothic castle in 1348 by the King of Bohemia and the Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV. Royal treasures such as collections of holy relics and the Imperial crown jewels were placed in Karlštejn for safekeeping. GEMA ART GROUP a.s. is regularly taking part in implementation of projects at Karlštejn.

Read more...

Klementinum, Prague- Old Town

The company is participating in another stage of revitalisation of the Baroque Klementinum complex, which is being implemented in four stages from 2009 to 2016. In 2011, GEMA ART GROUP a.s. experts participated in restoration of artificial marbles and metal elements in the showcase Baroque Library and the Mirror Chapel. Find more about this HERE.
In 2013, several restoration plans were prepared based on expert surveys. The plans aimed at restoration of the historical doors from the 17th and 18th centuries and preservation of the façades in the Vine Court, where it was necessary to stop the gradual degradation of the plasters and ledges. The restorers also carried out an expert survey of the murals on the second floor and a survey of the Baroque statues of Archangels Michael and Raphael, and the statues of St. Aloysius Gonzaga and St. Stanislaus Kostka. Restoration works are currently under way.

Read more...

Restoration of the Svijany Château

Originally a Renaissance château built between 1565 and 1567, the structure was converted to its current Classicist style in 1823 while in ownership of Prince Rohan. The château served as dwelling of higher magisters. Following 1945, the building was seized by the Czechoslovak government. An insensitive adaptation followed, turning the structure into a storage building and a dormitory; afterwards, it was falling into disrepair for a number of years.

Read more...

Revitalisation of the Český Krumlov monasteries

 One of the most extensive reconstructions in Český Krumlov history has been under way since the spring of 2014, right in the centre of this historical gem of southern Bohemia. The project includes an overall renovation of the vast compound of the former Minorites and Poor Clares monasteries. The monasteries are a cultural monument and are situated in the town's heritage reservation, which is listed among the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.

Read more...