|Address:||Tržiště 365/15, Praha – Malá Strana|
|Description of work:||Reconstruction work|
|Contractor:||GEMA ART GROUP a.s.|
Works commenced on the reconstruction of the historical enclosure walls separating the U.S. Embassy from the Petřín Park. The Colloredo (Schönborn) Palace was created between the years 1643 and 1656 as a comprehensive early Baroque conversion, modified probably by Jan Blažej Santini-Aichel in 1715. The garden is enclosed by a surrounding wall and containts, at the highest point, a Baroque gloriette, which was already depicted in a veduta dating to mid-17th century.
The scope of works corresponds to the state of the wall’s disrepair. The originally mixed masonry will be completely removed and replaced by a new wall, which will partially reuse the removed blocks. New masonry will be fitted with stone panels, plastered with lime-cast and painted.