|Address:||Nábřeží Edvarda Beneše 128/4, Praha 1|
|Description of work:||Restoration work|
|Investor:||Office of the Government of the Czech Republic|
|Contractor:||Associations of companies of GEMA ART GROUP a.s. – AVERS spol. s.r.o.|
The building of the Office of the Government of the Czech Republic is located on the left bank of the Vltava in the Lesser Town in Prague.
The Neo-Baroque building was completed in 1896 by the Czech architect Václav Roštlapil and originally served as a student dormitory for the poor sons of Czech aristocratic families. During the Second World War, the building served the purposes of the protectorate government and a special German provincial court was established there. After that, the building served as the seat of the Czechoslovak governments, and since the declaration of independence of the Czech Republic in 1993, the office has served as the seat of the Government of the Czech Republic and the Office of the Government of the Czech Republic.
The building also includes a large garden built under the supervision of František Thomayer.