|Alšovo nábřeží 79/12, 110 00, Praha
|Description of work:
|Construction work/ Restoration Girdler and locksmith work Painting work Installation of electrical fittings
|Czech Philharmonic Orchestra
|GEMA ART GROUP a.s.
GEMA ART GROUP a.s. continued with the next stage of the Open Rudolfinum project, which included a comprehensive reconstruction of the interiors of this Neo-Renaissance monument.
The works were partly done in the second half of 2014, when GEMA ART GROUP a.s. participated in the reconstruction of sanitary facilities, ventilation, and electrical fittings.
The complete reconstruction of the Ceremony Hall (Dvorana), Suk Hall and the Column Hall has been under way since the summer of 2015. In the Ceremony Hall, the stone flooring is being demolished and a new one is being laid down, wooden parquets are being renovated and installed, and electrical fittings are being renewed.
The Suk Hall was created as a chamber concert hall between 1940 and 1942 according to the design of Antonín Engel and Bohumír Kozák. Suk Hall will be completely reconstructed, including the improvement of the acoustics. GEMA ART GROUP workers are currently carrying out partial demolition works of the unsuitable inner walls, the reconstruction and sound insulation of the floor, peeling off the inner lime-based plasters and application of new ones, and girdler works concerning the brass bars in the lunettes. The restoration works concerned the rescue of historical lights and repairs of the pilasters shafts.
After the complete reconstruction, the Column Hall will serve as a Vienna-style coffee shop and a relaxing place to observe creative arts in the Rudolfinum gallery, and of course listen to music. At the moment, GEMA ART GROUP is installing new electrical fittings, renewing the plastering and stuccos, adjusting the wooden radiator covers, and performing locksmith works. At the same time, dismantling and equalising the floor is being carried out.
This is the biggest reconstruction of the Rudolfinum interiors in the past quarter of a century. All works were done with maximum care and under the supervision of conservationists.